The biannual National Council Meeting was held Feb. 7-11 at the Lutheran Center. Many things were accomplished, including
- Bishop Horacio’s retirement was celebrated.
- Pastor Karen was installed as the new President of ILAG.
- Reports from all the ILAG congregations were delivered to the council.
- Classes were taught in theology, hygiene, youth ministry, ELCA/ILAG partnerships and “What it means to be a Lutheran”.
- Both Saint Paul Area Synod and the Southeastern Synod of the ELCA had representatives here to help celebrate the retirement and the installation.
- Great fellowship was had by all with conversations, singing and studying God’s word.
- About 100 people attended the Lutheran mass on Sunday.